Voice uses standard WordPress menu system for navigation. In order to setup your menus, go to Appearance -> Menus. Please note that certain items, like Posts are hidden by default in the Screen Options so make sure you have checked it.
You simply need to create your menu and drag and drop pages you want to show. After menu is created, you need to assign this menu to a specific theme location. Voice theme provides five different theme locations to assign your menus:
- Main Navigation This is your main menu navigation.
- Top Navigation This is secondary menu you can optionally use in header top bar.
- Social Menu This is a menu where you should put links to your social profiles. Note that you just need to specify custom link to your social page i.e. http://facebook.com/link-to-your-page and the Facebook icon will be automatically displayed.
- Footer Menu Another secondary menu you can use in footer/copyright area at the bottom of your website.
- 404 Menu Optionally, you can specify another menu to be displayed on your 404 page and point visitors to some useful resources on the website.
Below is an example of simple menu assigned to Main Navigation:
This theme also provides functionality for so called “Mega Menus” with which you can get different behavior and style than standard drop-down menu.
1. Category Mega Menu Below is an example of using category link as mega menu. This means that it will load your category posts in drop-down area.
2. Classic Mega Menu Below is an example of using classic mega menu. Basically, you setup this many the same as standard third-level menu but sub-items will be displayed all at once in one big drop-down area.
If you are not familiar with using WordPress menus and its basic setup, there is a
great user guide on the official WordPress Codex: http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Menu_User_Guide