Unless you just woke up from a long dream, you must have heard of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. The type of virtual money which nowadays has the most significant value in the worldwide market. The digital gold everyone is searching for.
Let’s for the moment forget about bitcoins and getting rich as soon as possible and let’s think about few things. The exchange of knowledge, technology, and information, avoiding centralization, censorship, and institutionalization. Furthermore, creating value for the world, thinking of better future and changing it today, building a community of enthusiastic people ready to learn and teach? It sounds like a WordPress idea, doesn’t it?
Behind cryptocurrencies, there is a so-called blockchain technology that’s based on very similar or same principles! Blockchain is a decentralized way of storing the records or, as HBR defines it: “an open, distributed ledger that can record transactions between two parties efficiently and in a verifiable and permanent way.“ This means that, by storing data across its network, the blockchain eliminates the risks that come with data that’s held centrally.
Among other things, the blockchain technology is used for a revolution in economy and Bitcoin is the golden cryptocurrency. And it will not be the end of its use, for sure. Decentralization and security of data already made blockchain a game changer in all other aspects of online presence.
But what is the evident and instant use of it in WordPress, one might ask? With so many sites on WP and most popular CMS in the world, there should already be real value in blockchain implementation, especially in two aspects: e-commerce and security.
Talking about e-commerce, WordPress with its plugins is already recognized as the No1 e-Commerce CMS. And with the huge rise of digital gold, we are bringing today some of top cryptocurrency WordPress plugins that will make your site up to date and ready for a new era.
WordPress cryptocurrency plugins
This plugin comes with lots of useful features that will help show prices and exchange rates on your site. You can easily add a currency calculator to a nicely formatted table. This plugin also helps you get a donation and can list all cryptocurrencies. You can use this plugin as a widget, and it supports shortcodes.
This plugin provides multiple cryptocurrency features:
- Displaying prices and exchange rates
- Cryptocurrency calculator
- List of cryptocurrencies
- Displaying candlestick price charts
- Accepting orders and payments
- Accepting donations
Allows you to add all currencies for Woocommerce plugin. It has WordPress multisite compatibility and all types of cryptocurrencies. You can quickly change the symbol of any currency, and it allows you to hide the currency symbol from the front-end.
If you are already running a Woocommerce shop, this plugin will implement a cryptocurrency payment gateway to it! It allows all buyers to make payment with Bitcoin, Ripple, Litecoin and other cryptocurrencies. Very easy to install and to configure to your needs.
Now you can collect donations in Bitcoins!
A powerful WordPress plugin which allows authors to accept bitcoin donations through an automatically generated Bitcoin donation box. You can easily add the donation box anywhere on your site by using a shortcode.
Check the donation box below every post on Bitmate to see it in live mode.
Another great plugin that allows you to create a donation button on your website just by adding simple shortcodes. It supports bitcoin, litecoin, monacoin and other cryptocurrencies. When clicked by a visitor on your site it will display an address for users to send coins and support your work or show appreciation for shared knowledge.
This plugin allows you to accept different kinds of cryptocurrencies via AsMoney. You only need to open an AsMoney account and active merchant and set merchant data on this plugin.
Payments from AsMoney balance mark as complete after payment instantly. However, cryptocurrency payments mark as pending and after it gets three confirmation, the payment will be completed. It also allows API integration so you can pay hundreds of payments automatically from your software or website.
Start your free bitcoin shop in 10 minutes – Bitcoin (and not only bitcoin)/Paypal Payments in WordPress/WooCommerce:
- Provides a Cryptocurrency Payment Gateway for WooCommerce 2.1 or higher
- Accept Bitcoin, BitcoinCash, Litecoin, Dash, Dogecoin, Speedcoin, Reddcoin, Potcoin, Feathercoin, Vertcoin, Peercoin, MonetaryUnit payments in WooCommerce
- No Monthly Fee, No Bank Account Needed, Transaction Fee from 0%
- No Chargebacks, Global, Secure. All in automatic mode.
- Get crypto payments straight to your bitcoin/altcoin wallet addresses.
- More than 1500 cryptocurrencies are supported, including but not limited to Bitcoin, Ether, Litecoin, Monero, Ripple, Dogecoin, Dash, Zcash, Waves.
- The major cryptocurrency quotes are updated in real-time (without page refresh) as new trades are made.
- Cryptocurrency prices can be displayed in almost any fiat currency, including EUR, GBP, CNY, JPY, AUD, CAD, SEK, RUB, and others.
- A variety of color themes and widget templates are available to choose from.
- Image logos are provided for each cryptocurrency.
- All modern browsers are supported.
Want to turn your WordPress website into a cryptocurrency Bank?
Then you have to try Bitcoin and Altcoin Wallets
With this plugin, all of your users can deposit, withdraw, and transfer bitcoins and altcoins on your site by some easy steps. It comes with basic accounting functions and you can find all data in your MYSQL database. With some coin adapters, you can extend it to work with other coins as well. Very light and easy manageable plugin.
- A sidebar widget plugin that displays the prices of all cryptocurrencies supported by CoinGecko’s tracker.
- You can install this plugin like any other typical plugin in the admin area.
- CoinGecko platform retrieves the displayed prices. Should the website be down for any reason, this widget will show wrong data or no data at all.
- It also allows you to choose from numerous cryptocurrency and fiat currency pairs to display on your website. Go through the Appearance > Widgets menu upon adding a CoinGecko price ticker on your WordPress website.
Hope you find this article both educational and useful. If you want to learn more on how to use cryptocurrencies on your current or new WordPress sites, here are some informative links to start from:
And, let us know how you’ve started your cryptocurrency path, will you?