People on the internet love interactive content such as online quizzes. More and more, quizzes are recognized as a legit way to connect with your audience as well as to improve your branding.
- Did you know that the most-read story on the NY Times website in 2013 was actually a quiz?
- And that the very thing that set BuzzFeed to the top of the list of popular entertainment sites was quiz content?
- Or that 81% of the marketers agree that interactive content grabs attention?
All the more reasons for you to start thinking about how to make use of these facts and create an online quiz strategy that will give value both to you and your visitors.
What would be some main benefits to use a WordPress quiz plugin on your blog or site?
Quizzes are a great engagement boost, make them right, and people will love to interact with them. According to Digi Day, 96% of users who start quizzes on BuzzFeed finish them! What better way to improve engagement on your blog or site than that?
By rising engagement, online quizzes improve your traffic since people are willing to share it with friends, on social networks and soon you got yourself a snowball effect! Quizzes are great in driving traffic to your site so, why not use it?
The online quiz is an excellent way to keep visitors „locked“ to your site, and that way lowers the bounce rate which signals Google that your site is worthy. You know, lower bounce rate equals (in time) better ranking.
By making targeted online quizzes, you can get valuable information about your audience and use it to bring more personal experiences with your content. Just like Food52 did with their „Which cake are you?“ quiz that just in three days had more than 20.000 hits. And the outcome? The site promoted their recipes, and the people that participated in this quiz got their „cake-type“ as well as a link to its recipe. A win-win situation, right?
And these are just some fundamental values you can achieve with this type of content marketing. While we’re at the subject, take a look at this WordPress content marketing strategy guide and see how you can implement quizzes with it. With the right tool, anyone can make an online quiz, make it fun, engaging, and useful for every participant. And, all these plugins play nicely with our carefully designed themes so you might wanna check them out – just in case you’re looking for a new theme.
WordPress quiz plugin recommendation
And if you’re using WordPress, that tool comes in the form of a quiz plugin. Wondering which WordPress quiz builder to use? Here are our top picks; read about them and choose the one that suits your needs.
An easy-to-make freemium trivia or any other type of WordPress quiz plugin. You would want to use it as a lead generation quiz tool since it collects users’ names and emails. You can also integrate it with MailChimp and other email providers to extend your mailing lists. And while the free version only lets you create trivia quizzes, paid plans include:
- Personality quizzes – who doesn’t love personality tests 🙂
- Multi-pages layout – questions are shown on several pages, great for lowering bounce-rate
- Force to share – share to see results feature
- Statistics dashboard within your WordPress site
- Open Graph support – improves SEO
The price for premium usage starts at $17 for single-site use.
H5P Interactive Content is much more than an ordinary quiz plugin. With it, you can create variations of interactive stuff such as memory games, flashcards, multiple choices, presentations, audio recorders, virtual tours… Such a fun tool to have and make your content that much more engaging and inviting!
To be able to start creating interactive content you must first install at least one content type. And, for the H5P Hub to be able to do this, communication with H5P.org is required. Once you do that, you’ll get a dashboard from which you later choose the type of interactive content you want to work with:
Simply download and use the kind of quiz or a questionary you’ll create and start building it. Once you create it, the cool part is, you can insert a quiz directly from your Visual or Gutenberg Editor.
ProProfs Quiz Maker is a highly popular WordPress quiz plugin that is widely used by businesses and educational institutions to create online quizzes for various purposes. With a clean and simple user-friendly interface and tons of features, it makes creating quizzes and embedding them in your WordPress blog a piece of cake.
All you need to do to embed a quiz is install and activate the ProProfs Embed plugin and then copy and paste an embed code containing your quiz’s URL into WordPress.
Here are some of the cool features of this tool to help you make engaging WP quizzes:
- Fast, easy, and intuitive user interface
- 100+ professionally-designed quiz templates to quickly create scored or personality quizzes
- Vast public quiz library/question bank with 100,000+ ready-to-use questions
- 10+ question types and custom completion certificates
- Automated scoring to save time, with instant feedback for correct/incorrect answers
- White-labeling to brand your quizzes, along with 100+ themes for customization
- One-click social media sharing buttons
- Customizable lead forms to easily collect quiz takers’ info
- Real-time reporting, with the option to export, e-mail, and share reports in popular formats
- Several integrations with marketing automation tools for seamless lead capturing and management
ProProfs Quiz Maker is available in both free and premium versions, with the premium ones offering a 15-day free trial. The paid versions start at $20/month.
Not your ordinary WordPress quiz maker, that’s for sure. It comes with various built-in customization options such as selecting the color theme, font, and sizes. Also, you can place quizzes, polls, surveys within the article as well as in the Sidebar or as a popup to catch users when they enter or are about to leave your site. Apart from installing it, to use this plugin you need to connect/sign up with Opinion Stage after which you get up to 1000 views/month.
Premium version comes with much more quiz views ability, as well as with premium support, lead form integration, advanced integration, adds integrations, and more. The price starts at $29/month for a single site.
Simple to use WordPress quiz builder with lots of features and customizable options. You can choose between several template styles as well as customize it the way you want. More interesting features include:
- A timer and a schedule
- Answers hints
- Categories for questions
- Various types of quiz questions like true or false, multiple-choice, number, captcha, and more!
Premium features come with more customizable options and advanced add-ons like a landing page, Google Analytics tracking, export results, simple popups, and more. Starting price is $98/year for a single site.
A targeted niche WordPress quiz builder that helps you create numerous psychological tests and quizzes, no matter how simple or advanced they are. It has a bit of a learning curve, but every step is well described within the quiz editor that looks just like an ordinary Visual Editor. It’s recommended you test try it with the Eysenck’s Personality Inventory mockup test and learn from there.
If you’re looking for a BuzzFeed type of quiz plugin, then this one is the one you choose. An easy-to-make beautiful mobile-friendly quizzes, personality tests, lists, polls, and surveys within minutes. Once you make it how you please, simply embed it with a shortcode wherever you like. The only downside to this plugin is that it isn’t free. The price plan starts at $19/month, but there’s a 14 days free test period to see if it’s the right quiz tool for you to use.
A freemium plugin that you use to build engaging quizzes. The free version comes with unlimited quizzes with as many questions (with multiple answers) as you want. Also, this WordPress quiz builder comes with a customizable completion message as well as the ability to shuffle the answers.
The pro version is the closest thing to BuzzFeed like quizzes and tests and comes with features like:
- Viral tests
- Personality quizzes
- Email service integration
- Quiz analytics and insights
- Facebook Pixel integration
A freemium WordPress plugin for not just quizzes but full exams as well! Watu comes with easy-to-learn how-tos and usable variables. Free features include:
- Randomize questions and answers
- Require user login
- Anti-spam measures
- Correct answer display and more.
- Pro version has more customizable options like:
- More question types and social sharing options
- Detailed stats
- Printable certificates
- Questions and test categories and more.
The price starts at $47 for a lifetime license and one year of free upgrades and free support.
Once you finish the making of a quiz, copy its shortcode and place it in a post or page. Use only one quiz shortcode in each post or page. Furthermore, you can get free traffic to your quizzes by submitting them to Watu’s directory.
Forminator is the easiest drag and drop form building plugin for WordPress, helping to make your site come alive with interactive quizzes, polls, and forms. The latest release includes pagination for Knowledge & Personality Quizzes, allowing you to show quiz questions one at a time, or all at once.
Here’s what you can expect from Forminator:
- Accept payments with Stripe and PayPal integrations
- Custom user registration and login forms (with Multisite support)
- Advanced forms with eSignature, calculations, conditional logic, dynamic pre-filling, and multi-step options
- Create Stripe subscription plans directly from Forminator
- Drive more engagement with interactive quizzes and polls
- Spam protection with Honeypot, Akismet, and Google ReCAPTCHA
- Unlimited notifications with email routing and conditional emails
- Integrated submission management with scheduled exporting
So, whether you need a handy tool to collect leads or just want to make your web place more interactive and engaging, online quizzes are just the right thing for you to use. Give it a go and learn more about your audience, make them stick to your site, and have fun all together.
I hope this guide helps you decide which WordPress quiz plugin to use. If so, feel free to share which one you chose and if there’s any more you could recommend us to try out! 🙂