Meks Easy Maps was originally created as a feature for our Trawell WordPress theme but now it can be used on any WordPress website.
With Meks Easy Maps WordPress plugin you can easily assign locations to your posts and categories via Google Map user-friendly interface. The plugin is highly configurable and provides you with the various options for displaying the map.
Easy Maps WordPress plugin features overview
- Assign Google Map locations to your posts and categories
- Display post location pin above or below your post content
- Display all posts with locations on the current category template/archive
- Display category location pin on category template/archive
- Shortcode to manually display pins with posts or categories on any page
- Several display settings to fine-tune the map behavior like clustering (pin grouping) and polylines (lines that connect pins)
- Street view support
- Upload meks-easy-maps.zip to plugins via WordPress admin panel or upload unzipped folder to your wp-content/plugins/ folder
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
Settings -> Meks Easy Maps to manage the options
Using maps as a shortcode
Besides the automatic display of your posts and categories on the map, you can embed your map anywhere on the website by using predefined [mks_map] shortcode.
Use [mks_map type=”posts”] to display all your posts with locations on a single map.
Use [mks_map type=”posts” cat=”2″] if you want to display posts from a specific category only (cat parameter represents the category ID).
Use [mks_map type=”categories”] to display all your categories with locations.