Besides standard WordPress widgets, the Johannes theme provides several custom-made widgets. Widgets are added via our plugins and have the Meks prefix.
To manage widgets, go to Appearance -> Widgets as shown in the image below.
- Meks Easy Ads Widget – a great solution if you are using image advertisements on your website.
- Meks Smart Social Widget – you can use this widget to display social icons.
- Meks Smart Author Widget – use this widget to display your user/author profile info.
- Meks Easy Instagram Widget – you can use this widget to display your Instagram photos.
- Meks Simple Flickr Widget – display your flicker photo-stream with this widget.
- Meks Smart ThemeForest Widget – you can display your or other user’s ThemeForest items
Alter widgets background
As an additional feature, the Johannes theme provides an option to point out some important widgets by displaying them in a different color. As shown in the image below, simply choose a “background” option for any widget you want to display in an alternative styling.
Watch a demonstration in this short video: