In the process of providing support for our themes, our support team sometimes need to gain access to your WordPress admin area.
We highly recommend that you install the Temporary Login with password plugin. The plugin will allow you to quickly grant access and email the access link. You won’t reveal the real password or username in this way.
Let’s head to the plugin installation.
- Navigate to WordPress admin -> Plugins -> Add new.
- Here just look for the search form and enter the words Temporary Login with a password.
- Find the plugin listed below and click Install & Activate.
- Now, proceed to the WordPress admin -> Users -> Temporary Login page and create a new account.
- You can set the email address to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure that you set the account to the admin role.
- Copy the login link generated by the plugin and paste it in your reply. You can also create a new support ticket here and paste the link inside.
*** Your login credentials are safe and they will be used for providing the help with your website only.