Besides the standard WordPress widgets, the Vlog theme provides several additional custom made widgets. Widgets that are added to this theme by the Vlog Buddy plugin have a Vlog prefix and widgets added by our plugins have a Meks prefix. Our special widgets are displayed in “blue” color in admin panel so you can easily notice them.
To manage widgets, go to Appearance -> Widgets as shown in the image below.
Added by the Opinion Buddy plugin:
- Vlog Posts – similar to the standard WordPress post widget but with an attractive design and more options provided.
- Vlog Categories – similar to standard WordPress category widget, but you can explicitly choose which categories to display as well as specify their ordering.
- Vlog Series (Playlists) – the same as for categories, this is a widget to display your series.
Please note that you need to install the Vlog Buddy plugin to enable additional features, such as custom widgets.
Added via Meks plugins:
- Meks Easy Ads Widget – a great solution if you are using image advertisements on your website.
- Meks Smart Social Widget – you can use this widget to display social icons.
- Meks Smart Author Widget – use this widget to display your user/author profile info.
- Meks Easy Instagram Widget – you can use this widget to display your Instagram photos.
- Meks Simple Flickr Widget – display your flicker photo-stream with this widget.
- Meks Smart ThemeForest Widget – you can display your or other users
Highlighting a widget
As an additional feature, the Vlog theme gives you a possibility to point out some important widgets by displaying it in different colors. As shown on the image below, simply check “highlight this widget” option for any widget you are using. Highlight colors can be managed in Theme Options -> Content Styling.